The following guidelines were received from the Largo Public Library. This is what they mean for the activities at the Genealogy Center:
The Genealogy Center is open to the public as any other department of the library subject to the guidelines below. Individual genealogy assistance will not be available at the library until further notice in keeping with the guidance. If you wish one-on-one assistance, call 727-586-7410 and leave a message or email info@PinellasGenealogySociety.com and you will be connected with one of our consultant volunteers.
Under these guidelines there will also be no in-library classes, meetings, or user groups until further notice. However, PGS has a growing number of online events that you can see scheduled on our website calendar at PinellasGenealogySociety.com.
PGS is striving to deliver the outstanding genealogy education and assistance you are accustom to, but focused for the time being on an online format. Please join us in those activities as we anticipate a time when we can enjoy in-person meetings again.
Here are the published guidelines:
Largo Public Library Begins the Process of Reopening
The Largo Public Library will begin re-opening to the community with limited services beginning Monday, May 11, 2020. The City of Largo is committed to providing a safe environment by implementing operational precautions following the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). To preserve the health and safety of our community, the library will open with the following guidelines:
The book drop continues to be open for returning library materials (all checked out materials are due June 1.)
Monday, May 11
• Team members will return to the building to prepare the library to welcome the public.
Monday, May 18
• Drive-thru only service begins, Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm
• Cardholders can call and request materials for pick-up
• Library staff will contact you within four hours to let you know materials are ready to pick up at the drive-thru window
Monday, June 1*
• The Library will open to the public at 25% occupancy
• Maximizing social distancing is required with 6ft separation between individuals
• Group sizes of no larger than ten people are required • Frequent and regular cleaning of all touch points including doorknobs, keyboards, etc.
• Returned items will be set aside for 24 hours before processing
• Limited seating options will be available
• Limited available computers and computer time
• Library staff may be voluntarily wearing face masks
• Plexiglas shields have been installed at all service desks and there will be limited one-on-one staff assistance
• No in-person programming until further notice
• Meeting rooms, study rooms, and labs remain closed until further notice
New Services Available • New one-touch self-checkout units
• Mobile checkout option available for personal devices
• Self-service faxing and scanning station
• Virtual programming • Take home summer reading program kits
• Increased eContent
• Live Chat available on the website
*All information is subject to change pending updates to County, State, and Federal guidelines. The Largo Public Library looks forward to welcoming back our loyal patrons.
If you have any questions, please call (727) 587-6715.