The following comes from FamilyHistoryFanatics.com:
"We wanted to let you know about the 2nd annual A Summer of DNA eConference coming up on Friday, August 9th. The eConference last year was very successful and had great attendance.
"Speakers will be talking about the following:
Daniel Horowitz - Theory of Family Relativity and Other MyHeritage Tools
Donna Rutherford - Testing Family Members: Why and Who to Choose
Emily Aulicino - atDNA: Verify, Correct, Expand
Leah Larkin - When Your Tree Is a Banyan: Working with Endogamy and DNA
"The online sessions will begin atCentral Time on Friday August 9th. Some answers to common questions that people have asked us:
1. Yes, the sessions are live. These are not pre-recorded, so if you have questions, then please ask them in the chat during any of the sessions and we'll get them answered.
2. Yes there are door prizes. This event is sponsored by MyHeritage who will be giving away 4 DNA kits during the presentations.
3. No, you don't have to be watching the live presentations to win (although we hope you do), everyone who is registered will be eligible to win the DNA kits.
4. Yes, recordings of the sessions will be available for 30 days after the eConference so even if you can't make the live session, register so that you can watch the recordings.
5. Yes we use our webcams. You don't have to watch slides all the time. You also get to see people.
6. Yes, this event is open to anyone who wants to register. No need to travel or even change out of your pajamas if you don't want to.
"As with past events there will be a 5th hour panel discussion where you can ask questions about any of the topics or even anything else related to DNA and genetic genealogy. Early bird registration is only $19.99 until July 31st. Regular registration price is $24.99 after July 31st. Learn more at the website (https://www.familyhistoryfanatics.com/summerdna) "