FSGS 2018 POOLSIDE CHAT WEBINAR SERIES SCHEDULE
We are very excited to announce the lineup for our 2018 Poolside Chat Webinar Series. The registration links are provided for each webinar, so do not hesitate to register today.
18 Jan 2018 – Mary Kircher Roddy
Read ‘Em or Weep: Promise and Pitfalls in Newspaper OCR
- Webinar Abstract: Learn where to find free and pay newspaper sites online. Understand how to put OCR mistakes to work for you to increase search results. See a method to make sure you do thorough searching in every newspaper every time.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3928250867622537473
Enslaved Blacks in White Church Records: An Overlooked Resource
- Webinar Abstract: Slaves often attended their owners’ churches. Learn to use records of those churches for details about a slave’s parents, owners, attendance, dismissal, sale and more.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6113747931129782273
Genetic Genealogy: Advanced
- Webinar Abstract: Have you mastered the basics of autosomal DNA testing? There are several advanced tools that can help you glean more information from your DNA test.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5174221842265005569
Naturalization Know-How: The Laws and Records of U.S. Citizenship
- Webinar Abstract: Many records were created when immigrant ancestors became American citizens. Learn what they are and how to find them.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1722626144257627137
A Path to Your Next Research Steps: Using Timelines to Organize, Analyze and Evaluate Evidence
- Webinar Abstract: So you’ve done all this research – now what? How do you figure out what you have and what to look for next? Learn how timelines enable you to organize your information, evaluate your evidence, analyze research results for accuracy, and identify next research steps.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4924344630713480961
Freedmen’s Bureau Records – Invaluable to ALL Southern Research!
- Webinar Abstract: We overlook records that we think pertain to only one group of people. The Freedmen’s Bureau records cover more than freed slaves – they include ex-soldiers, impoverished widows, small children, and destitute parents. They include ration, school, court, marriage, military, and more records, along with incredibly personal correspondence regarding loved ones.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2315885235210294785
Organizing Your GENETIC Genealogy
- Webinar Abstract: Most individuals have hundreds of genetic cousins. Come learn a few methods you can start using today to help you organize your genetic genealogy research.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3941526371016695041
Sharecropping or Tenant Farming? The System and Its Records
- Webinar Abstract: Was your ancestor a farmer without land? Maybe he was a sharecropper or tenant farmer. Learn how this system worked and where the records are.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5255796808953191681
But, It’s All On The Internet!
- Webinar Abstract: The internet is a wonderful tool for researching our ancestors. But, it should not replace some of the tried-and-true methods for discovering our ancestors.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4229832613470786049
The Anatomy of BMD: What You Don’t Know About Vital Records
- Webinar Abstract: Everyone knows about vital records, right? This presentation looks at the history of vital records in the United States, variations of those records, and alternatives.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3265963337167037185
Medical Genealogy: A Primer of Diseases That Killed Our Ancestors and the Epidemics They Lived Through
- Webinar Abstract: So many researchers hunt for the death certificates of their ancestors but rarely read or understand the cause of death. Disease and death were commonplace occurrences in our ancestors’ lives, and knowing what afflicted them and their communities can help you understand the lives they lived.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4075685482998855683
Disaster Planning for the Genealogist: Safeguarding Your Genealogical Records
- Webinar Abstract: Natural disasters and man-made disasters happen all the time. Are your genealogical records stored and archived in such a way that they will survive through a disaster? Learn from an archivist how to come up with your own disaster plan and safeguard your genealogical records from destruction.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5587740470586221059