Monday, 8-Feb-2016 at 2:00 PM--Swedish Genealogy Interest Group, Charest, Local History Room, Largo Library.
Monday, 8-Feb-2016 at 6:00 PM--Family Tree Maker 2014 Basics--Part 3, Smith, Local History Room, Largo Library.
THE ITALIAN INTEREST GROUP MEETING ORIGINALLY PLANNED FOR FEB 9 HAS BEEN MOVED TO FEB 16 DUE TO A SCHEDULE CONFLICT.
Tuesday, 9-Feb-2016 at 6:00 PM—RootsMagic-Part 3, Summers, Local History Room, Largo Library.
Wednesday, 10-Feb-2016 at 10:00 AM--English and Welsh Records--Understanding and organizing the three main sources. Pearson, Local History Room, Largo Library.
Thursday, 11-Feb-2016 at 1:00 PM--Irish Genealogy Interest Group-a discussion of resources and techniques for researching your Irish ancestry. This session will deal with Irish immigration and any of your questions. Focareta, Jenkins C, Largo Library.
Saturday, 13 Feb 2016-- Annual Pinellas Genealogy Society Seminar, co-sponsored by the Largo Public Library from 8 am to 4 pm.
Our featured speaker is Ann Staley, CG, CGL, and we have three breakout speakers as well. Ann’s four presentations will deal with:
· piecing together the everyday lives of your ancestors,
· how to attack research brick walls,
· organizing, analyzing, and sharing your genealogical data, and
· exploring popular and not-so-well-known free websites.
Ann is a nationally known speaker and we are excited about her presentations at this event.
The topics of the breakout sessions will be
- using the FamilySearch.org website, particularly the Wiki, with Debbe Hagner,
- researching the pre-1850 census with Debra Fleming, and
- a look at the records of the National Archives in Kew, London, and how to access them with Liz Pearson.
In addition to the speakers, the event boasts a continental breakfast, box lunch, raffles, door prizes, huge book sale, and plenty of time to network with other researchers and guest organizations.
The registration fee is $40 for PGS members and $45 for non-members. After 6 February, the cost is $50, so register early.
A detailed schedule of events and a registration form are found athttp://www.flpgs.org/NMbrs/seminar/2016/Sem16.aspx . Questions can be addressed to email@example.com.
The library is located at 120 Central Park Drive, Largo, FL